Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Bringing New Life to an Old Case

I found this old make-up case at our local thrift store and knew it was just calling my name. It had so much potential and you just don't see any suitcase such a lovely color pink anymore. When checking out the guy gave me 50% off; I left thinking I had scored! Only $5 for my little treasure. It wasn't until I got home and opened the darn thing that I realized why... It smelled as if some lady had kept her cat rotting in there for 30 years. It was gross! On first impulse I almost threw it out, but decided that the horrendous smell only meant more of a challenge for me. After a quick evaluation of the current condition and a trip to Joanns I discovered there was no such product that would cover the vinyl except spraypaint made for plastic. Unfortunetly my only options were gold, silver, and black. In the end I chose a black satin finish spray and some baby pink flannel with tiny black paw prints on it.

Voila! After using up the entire supply of Febreze in the state, a box of gas masks, and some TLC here's the result.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mwahahhahahahaha you dont have any idea who i am and im goin to keep it that way, ill give you a hint, you know me aahhhahahahaha


??????????