Monday, August 13, 2007

Please Evacuate the Building

Hey Everyone!
Today I'm writing you from the capital. In all of our travels we've never ventured much around the East Coast, so we've spent the month of August doing just that. We took a quick trip up to Washington for the weekend, which I have found to be very educational!

Tonight was our last night before heading back to the condo. The boys sat watching a movie as I tapped away at the computer. Around 11 o'clock sirens started going off and a lady came over the loud speaker. "Attention, there is an emergency in the building. Please get to your nearest stairway exit, do not use the elevators." I looked toward the doorway where both boys stood, shrugging. I walked down the hall to my parents room, where Pierre sat on the phone. "What's up?" "I don't know but I'm not going anywhere, it's Monday, there won't be a fire" he replied. "Alright." With that I went back to our room where MJ and Elliott sat watching tv from the edge of their beds. We exchanged glances, by this time people had pooled out of their rooms and into the stairwell. "We have nothing better to do" I offered. MJ set his away message on his computer, I informed the parents we were going to walk, and Elliott hooked Holly up to her lead.
Atleast 500 people had congregated on the street; some in robes, others freaking out. Apparently there had been an explosion in the kitchen of some sort. Being me, I stuck around visited with some other hotel goers, before heading back upstairs. What a night :)
Hope your evening was eventful as mine!
Blissfully,
Bizzy


No comments: