Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Pits....


Throughout my childhood I was fed my share of wives tales. To this day I avoid cracks in sidewalks, killing ladybugs, and don't touch baby birds unless I need to. I believe touching blue will make my wishes come true, that my cold hands mean I have a warm heart, and that red skies at night are a sailor's delight :) I get tickled pink when I see butterflies, I always look for four leaf clovers in the grass, and I wish on shooting stars. As I sat typing my last entry I was enjoying a handful of the juciest cherries I have had this season. Now, you can only imagine my horror when I accidentally swallowed one of the pits. How I could allow such a thing to occur is beyond me! Almost immediately I had flashbacks of MonQ and Pierre warning us of exactly that! Saying we would grow a cherry tree inside of us if such a thing were to happen.


I could feel the pit as it caught at the bottom of my throat... my first reaction was to grab my water bottle and wash it down, but just as the mouth of the bottle met my lips, I froze. What am I doing? If I wash that thing down it'll get lodged in my stomach and start to grow. If it stays stuck at the bottom of my throat I could wake up with a tree growing out of my mouth! At this point I'm convinced I'll be dead by morning. I come to the conclusion I am screwed either way and it's best I die comfortable. I wash the sucker down.

Everything around me was going in slow motion and the pit made its way to my stomach. The only thing that could possibly compare to this was the last time I was on the verge of dying, due to swallowing a piece of tape, the time I called 3M to inquire about the toxicity levels of their 3M Envelope/Packing Tape Strips and whether or not I needed to be calling my general practitioner. In turn the man burst out in a fit of laughter and I was redirecte to three more people to tell my story before I finally hung up.


I google it...nothing. I realize this seems totally foolish to you, as if a tree will grow overnight... inside me. But then again what person actually knows they will fall victom to spontaneous human combustion? That's what I thought.


Hey, what happens when you swallow a cherry pit?


Dad: You die.

Mum: Yes, you'll end up growing a tree out of you behind.

Both: Smirk and go back to watching the movie


All I can say is when they are having a near death experience and are on the verge of having the first internal lumberyard growing out of their stomachs, they better not come crying to me. My answer won't be with a cherry on top.


Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Bizzy

1 comment:

bellabellaella said...

like the picture. it brings the "pit" out of my heart. did you actually eat those cherrys?