I have just finished wrapping the very last of this years Christmas gifts under my little LED tree. While I am very pleased with myself I also realize I'm probably the only person who starts their Christmas shopping in July. This year's theme is black, white, and silver. I couldn't incorporate the gifts for the Assisted Living Home into the theme for fear that it would clash with their decor so I must sit here looking at a mismatched mess until Saturday. Here's my little tree, can you spot your gift?

For my birthday I got this Packers wreath, isn't it simply the cutest? It just had to go in my room, but what is a christmas wreath without some Swarovski? I think every girl should have her favorite sports memorbilia encrusted with rhinestones, don't you?

What's your favorite Christmas tradition? Over the past few years one of the most looked-forward-to events is the Christmas lights. Every year we drive around our neighborhood and like the true competitive souls we are we make sure every year our display goes above and beyond the four strings of lights most people have running along their roofs. This is a little section of the front yard in front of my bedroom window (sorry for the horrible quality of the photos, I took them from my phone). See all of the silver globes hanging from the trees? Aren't they delightful? I love how the lights play in their reflections. It really is the most rewarding part of Christmas, as we have a good fifteen cars pull around our cul-de-sac every night just to see what we've done. Today I was in the gym and the lady on the elliptical machine next to me turns and says "Aren't you the lady with all the decorations down the street?" Before I could say anything she went on about how it really gets them in the spirit and how much their grandkids love it. Bringing smiles to peoples face really is the best gift.
And last but not least, our Christmas tree. Now it may look like any other tree but it's really not. In fact it's a very big deal in our house. MonQ's tree is the center of attention every year, and for a very good reason too. This tree is fourteen feet tall and it is a three day affair to put it up and decorate it. Every ornament has been hand selected and placed "just so" simply putting it up is an artwork all of it's own.
What is your favorite thing about Christmas? Do you like hot chocolate or eggnog better? Or do you prefer hot cider?
Blissfully,
Bizzy
No comments:
Post a Comment