skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Nothing Bundt Cake
As you may or may not know, my 18th Birthday was last weekend! Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday the most important thing in life was conquering monkey bars on the playground. I'm not sure what happened to the days of Sunday morning cartoons and make believe friends, making playdough and running around the backyard, the days of scraped knees and untied shoelaces. Alright... I admit it, half of those things haven't changed but any way you look at it I'm growing up. Let's face it, I'll never "grow up" but as I sit and worry about university, career options, and all of life's wonderful surprises it's almost overwhelming. I'm sure you are curious as to how I spent my "special day" well and I'm sure judging by the number you have some rather crazy ideas. However, I spent my birthday surrounded by the people that mean the most to me. From 8am-7pm I volunteered at the assisted living home down the street that has really become my second home. We spent the entire day decorating the entire home for the holidays, drinking eggnog, and listening to christmas carols. After we finished cleaning up Linus and Dina surprised me with gifts and an ice cream cake while Cora played the piano for me. It was simply delightful. After arriving home I sat and watched "Over the Hedge" with Dad and The Boys. We went for a late sushi dinner with the entire family including MonQ's parents who are here for the holidays! It was great to relax and spend time with my family. We got home around 11 for cake and presents. Mum and Grandpa ordered a Rum Raisin Bundt Cake from here. I think I'm addicted! It was amazing, if you aren't too into sweets and like a light cake this is definitely something you should try! I can't tell you how much fun I had on my birthday and how much it meant to me to be surrounded by family and friends, I truly couldn't have asked for anything more!Blissfully, Bizzy
No comments:
Post a Comment